All 3DLES projects can be found online on our grid. Chatterdale, Parolay,
Mikree Zahaav, SLRoute and Lodewien have free access when they are not used by schools.
A great opportunity to have a look around in these virtual learning
you have to do is:
Create an account HERE or request a free account at
(only if you have not requested for an account yet)
- Download a 3D viewer, you can choose between several viewers.
- Set up the
- Set up voice
DOWNLOAD 3D VIEWER
To walk around the virtual world you need a special 3D viewer
on your computer. This needs to be downloaded and installed.
You can choose one of the viewer in this list. We recommend the
Singularity viewer which works fine on this virtual world.
SINGULARITY VIEWER SETTINGS
To set up your Singularity viewer, follow the instructions on
this PDF document .
To log on the 3DLES grid you have to set the URL of the
Firestorm viewer to this grid.
- After installing and starting the viewer, select
VIEWER -> PREFERENCES in the menu at the left
top. A new 'Preferences' window will open.
- Select the OPENSIM tab on the left, second
option from the bottom.
- Fill in at the top, at ADD
NEW GRID: edugrid.3dles.com:8002
- Click on APPLY
- Click at the bottom on OK
- Fill in First Name, Last Name and Password
which you received from us.
- Click on the Log In button, you now will be
logged in on the 3DLES grid.
- That's all you have to do.
SETTINGS & USING VOICE
Using voice needs to be set in the viewer.
- After installing the viewer click in the viewer top left corner on
Veiwer -> Preferences...
- Select the tab Sound & Media and Voice at the top
- The settings should be like in the picture below.
So Enable voice chat and Toggle speak on/off...
have to be on.
- Then click on OK (at the right bottom)
- A window of Vivox might appear where you have to accept the terms.
- EXTRA: Only when logged in - Select Sound& Media and
the Voice tab again.
- Click on the Audio Device settings. Here you can set the
voice input and output (set it to your headset).
- Check if talking through the microphone will show in the green
blocks meter. Talking on a normal level must give three green blocks.
Use the Input Volume Slider to adjust the volume.
- If you cannot reach the right volume you may have to check the audio
settings of your computer.
- When finished click on OK
Our advice is to always use a headset. When this is connected the speakers
of the computer will be turned off and the chat can only be heard on the
After loggin in it is possible to talk to other avatars through voice.
At the bottom of the screen you can click on the TALK (or small
to turn your microhpone on and off.
It is also possible to use the middle mouse button for switching
microphone on and off.
AM I TALKING?
When the microphone is switched on others (that have voice enabled) can
hear you talking in the envorinment. When someone speaks you can see green
audio waves over the head of the avatar. You ay also see green waves at
the chatbar of the viewer.