All 3DLES projects can be found online on our grid. Chatterdale, Parolay,
Mikree Zahaav, SLRoute and Lodewien have free access when they are not used by schools.
A great opportunity to have a look around in these virtual learning
To be able to look around in one of our virtual projects
you have to:
- Request a free account on the EDUgrid page
(only if you have not requested for an account yet)
- Download a 3D viewer, you can choose between several viewers.
- a. Set op the
- Set up Vivox voice
2. Download the 3D Viewer
To look around in an 3D environment you also need a 3D viewer. This viewer
has to be downloaded and installed.
To log in on the 3DLES demogrid you have to set the Singularity viewer to
- After installing and starting the viewer, click on the GRID
MANAGER button at the bottom, see --->
- Click on the CREATE button (see below picture)
- Fill in the field LOGIN URI: with
- Click on REFRESH GRID URLS
- Click on APPLY at the right bottom and click on OK at
the bottom (see below picture)
- Fill in the Username and Password fields with your
- Choose the 3DLES EDUgrid from the list
- Click on Log In
SETTINGS & USING VOICE
Using voice needs to be set in the viewer.
- After installing the viewer click in the viewer top left corner on
Edit -> Preferences...
- Select the tab Voice
- The settings should be like in the picture below.
So Enable voice chat and Use Push-to-Talk in toggle mode
have to be on.
- Then click on Apply (at the right bottom)
- A window of Vivox appear where you have to accept the terms.
- Then select the Device settings button
- After selecting the Device settings an extra window will
- Check if talking through the microphone will show in the green
blocks meter. Talking on a normal level must give three green blocks.
Use the Input Level Slider to adjust the volume.
- If you cannot reach the right volume you may have to check the audio
settings of your computer.
- When finished click on OK
Our advice is to always use a headset. When this is connected the speakers
of the computer will be turned off and the chat can only be heard on the
After loggin in it is possible to talk to other avatars through voice.
At the right bottom of the screen you can click on the TALK button
to turn your microhpone on and off.
It is also possible to use the middle mouse button for switching
microphone on and off.
AM I TALKING?
When the microphone is switched on others (that have voice enabled) can
hear you talking in the envorinment. When someone speaks you can see green
audio waves over the head of the avatar.