The 3DLES EDUgrid is an open virtual environment built on an OpenSimulator system. Since 2011 we use this grid as a showcase for anyone to visit. You can find several islands to demonstrate our projects, like e.g. most of the islands of the E-LIVE project. This EDUgrid is open for all visitors and hypergrid users.
The E-LIVE project grid is a copy of the EDUgrid but is a closed and safe environment for young students (age 12-16), only teachers and students of affiliated schools have access to the islands on the grid, others can not enter the islands during school hours. Any interested teachers can contact the E-LIVE project.
Visit the 3DLES EDUgrid
Users of another OpenSimulator grid (like Kitely, OSGrid, etc.) can make a hypergrid jump to: http://edugrid.3dles.com:8002.
If you do not have an account you can create one on the 'Virtual Visit' page, where you can download/set the viewer to the 3DLES EDUgrid by following the instructions.
What can be found at the EDUgrid?
- Welcome - the central area where all users arrive.
- Chatterdale - where students can practice English.
- Parolay - where students can practice French.
- Arcadia - where students (and teachers) can learn how to navigate in a virtual environment.
- SLRoute - The research island of the SLRoute project of the University of Alcalá de Henares.
- TeamUp - where students can play a game by working together on an assignment.
- Mikree Zahaav - The Hebrew island of the University of Tilburg.
- Linda Kellie's Freebies Mall - Full of clothing, furniture, textures and objects and more.
Do you want more informatie about our services? Send an email to